Wednesday, October 29, 2008

learning to write...



Morgen (4) just wrote on all my pillows on my bed during "nap time" yesterday.  She was so quiet that I actually got a nap.  But, when she came out, I discovered pen on her jeans and writing all over her feet.  I asked her what else she wrote on as I proceeded to go to my room to find out.  On two pillows, it said "MoM" and the other one was her attempt to write her brother's name and a picture of a bunny.  Today, I just found her name written on a really nice lampshade.   As you can tell, she just learned to write her name this year and lately, my name.  When I asked her why she did it, she said, "I wanted you to know they were yours."  I can't put into words what I'm feeling right now.  I guess Dad will have to wait to find out which pillow is his when she learns to write his name. : )

3 comments:

sara said...

Oh my word!!!!!!!!!! I think you will look back on it and laugh...right!?!?!?! Or cry :)

Morgen said...

yeah, both I think!

Tina said...

My daughter did it with a stick to the side of the van when she was learning to write . . . I think I know that "feeling" you are experiencing right now.

Sara is right. There will be a day when it is funny! (Just don't laugh yet to encourage her!)

Hang in there - there are two more who need to learn to write!